Serves: 6-8 / Time: 1 hour
- 1 ½ cups of flour
- 4 eggs (3 for pasta) (1 for filling)
- 4 cups diced butternut squash
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 cups Colombo Marsala Wine (sweet)
Preheat oven to 350oF. Dice 4 cups of butternut squash and place on baking sheet. Cook for about 15 minutes (or until squash is tender).
1.Stir flour and 3 eggs into a dough and need for approximately 10 minutes.
2. Roll Dough into thin sheets using a rolling pin or pasta machine. Using a ring mold, stamp out 3-inch disks from the pasta sheets.
3. Place squash into pan and add the Marsala and 4 cups of water. Cook until the liquid has been absorbed. Squash should be tender. Let squash cool. Pass squash through a food mill or ricer to smoothen.
4. Stir in ricotta cheese and egg to the butternut squash. Place 1 tablespoon of the butternut squash filling in the center of the disk and then fold each side together to form a half moon or “mezzaluna” shape. Using a fork press the sides together to seal ravioli.
5. Cook the ravioli in boiling water for 4 minutes and dress with a simple sauce such as butter and sage.
Serve immediately and enjoy!