A perfect appetizer for grilling out this summer – these Steak & Cheese Crostini are easy to make and delicious. Try them out at your next summer get together!
- Colombo Dry Marsala Wine
- Blue cheese crumbles
- Olive oil
- Jar of diced sun dried tomatoes packed in oil
- One boneless sirloin steak
- Marinate the steak in Marsala wine – enough to cover the steak – for at least an hour. (The longer the better)
- Grill or pan fry the steak to desired tenderness, then slice into small thin pieces and set aside.
- Cut the baguette into pieces roughly one inch thick.
- Brush olive oil on both sides of the bread and grill it on both sides. (You can also toast it in the oven or pan)
- Remove the bread and arrange on a large plate or tray.
- Top the bread with a piece of two of steak, and add a spoonful of the sun dried tomatoes. Top with blue cheese crumbles and garnish with parsley.
- If you want cheese to be slightly melted, heat in the oven at 250 degrees until desired.