- 15 large mushrooms (remove the stems); boil the mushrooms for about 8 minutes.
- 1 cup of Italian bread crumbs
- 15 medium sized cleaned shrimp
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese – grated
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons melted butter
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (you can add more if the mixture seems too dry)
- 1/2 cup Colombo Marsala Dry Wine
- shredded mozzarella cheese
Mix bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, olive oil, butter, garlic in a bowl and set aside.
Arrange the mushrooms (after boiling) face up on a nonstick cookie sheet.
Spoon breadcrumb mixture into each mushroom.
Top with shrimp and shredded mozzarella.
Add a pinch or two of any leftover breadcrumb mixture on top of the shrimp and cheese.
Pour wine over each mushroom (about a tablespoon each).
Bake at 400 degrees until golden brown and crispy.