Serves: 10-12 / Time: 1 1/2 hours
- ½ lb. butter
- 3 medium yellow onions (peeled and finely chopped)
- ½ head celery (trimmed and finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp. fresh rosemary (finely chopped)
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
- 1 lb. pork sausage (remove from casings)
- 6 cups crumbled corn bread
- ½ bunch parsley leaves (finely chopped)
- ¼ cup Colombo Marsala Sweet
- Preheat oven to 350 degree. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add onions and stir often with a wooden spoon until very soft (20 minutes). Add celery and rosemary. Generously season with salt and pepper and cook for another 5 minutes. Transfer all contents to a large bowl.
- In the same large skillet, cook the sausage over medium heat, breaking the meat with a fork until just cooked through (10 minutes). Transfer sausage to same bowl as celery /onions.
- Add Marsala, corn bread, parsley to the bowl and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Spoon the warm stuffing into turkey, truss, and bake. OR transfer stuffing to a buttered baking pan and bake until hot and golden on top (30-45 minutes).
Recipe adapted from Saveur.com